ï»¿Surviving the Waiting Game. Our freshman application deadlines have passed which means we are in the thick of file review.
The chatty nature of recruitment and catching up with colleagues is changed by quiet concentration in cubicles as we review 1000s of applications. I love file review and getting to see the tales of my applicants but also understand that now thousands of applicants are now twiddling their thumbs waiting for the choice. A great deal goes in to the review of an application and we take this responsibility quite seriously but I promise you April 1 seems just as far away to us as it does to you.
I applied and was admitted decision that is early college. I discovered in mid-December, very nearly 11 years ago, and in some means it had been a relief to know where I would be going the fall that is following in different ways it felt like We had somehow truncated personal procedure. USC does not have early decision or early action programs, and I also know the waiting struggle is real.
Here are some plain things to pass the time (once you’ve finished your homework, obvi).
1. Make an awesome playlist
2. Listen to Serial (or another podcast about something you’re interested in. Nerdette? Start? Pop Culture Happy Hour?)
3. Watch this video on repeat
4. Learn exactly how to have me employment here
5. Produce a set of things for you to do in your hometown before starting college
6. Take a second of video each day. Or even a photo. Or write a sentence. Do something Continue reading
ï»¿ And They’re Off!. We started reading applications 149 times ago and finally wrapped up our deliberations within the last twenty four hours.
Moments ago, we loaded trucks with an increase of than 45,000 pieces of mail, and within the next few days, USC’s admission decisions for the class of 2017 will likely be revealed.
As I reflect on our work, I discover just how quickly the tables have turned: high school seniors have now been waiting with stressed anticipation to listen to from us, now we’ll be anxiously waiting to hear from their store. We know that the learning pupils we’ve admitted are among the best worldwide. All have many options that are excellent college and we can hardly wait to find out who can accept our offer and join the Trojan Family.
Getting our decisions in the mail could be the culmination of numerous months (and tens-of-thousands of hours) of work. I will be incredibly proud for the USC that is entire Enrollment team—for its commitment, effort and professionalism. The team of students that individuals have identified for admission is the best in USC’s 133-year history!
And speaking of incredible pupils, royal vegas casino real money listed below are only a few details about this year’s admitted freshman class:
• 19.6% of applicants were admitted
• significantly more than 3,100 different high schools are represented
• Our admitted students come from every U.S. state, the District of Columbia and 79 different countries
• Outside of California, the five mo Continue reading